All-American Apple Pie Recipe
When you buy fruits that are in season, they’re more nutritious, tastier and are generally more cost-effective. Eating seasonally is a simple way to support the environment and your local economy. Make the classic All-American apple pie with this easy and delicious recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cold milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 Fuji apples, cored and sliced
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To Make Crust: In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, oil, milk, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar and salt until evenly blended. Pat mixture into a 9 inch pie pan, spreading the dough evenly over the bottom and up sides. Crimp edges of the dough around the perimeter.
- To Make Filling: Mix together 3/4 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sprinkle over apples and toss to coat. Spread evenly in unbaked pie shell.
- To Make Topping: Using a pastry cutter, mix together 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar and butter until evenly distributed and crumbly in texture. Sprinkle over apples.
- Put pie in the oven on a cookie sheet to catch the juices that may spill over. Bake 45 minutes.
Tip: Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Have your own favorite Apple Pie Recipe? Please share it with us. Click Here to share your recipe